For the third year in a row, Tom has been asked to serve on the faculty of the Summer Session of the National College For DUI Defense.
This year, he is teaching Cross-examination and Jury Selection. But the Summer Session, held at the Harvard Law School, is more than just a place to teach. Every faculty member learns from the very lawyers we are teaching. The attendees of Summer Session are mostly experienced lawyers from all around the country. Even the most inexperienced lawyer can have valuable contributions. As an old radio disc jockey once told Tom, 'You are what you steal."
The subjects covered in this year's Summer Session were very broad:
- Suppression Motions:
- Creative Approaches to Obtaining Discovery
- How to Use Social Media Effectively and Ethnically
- Federal DUIs
- Representing Military Clients
- Picking the Winning Jury
- Sentencing in Serious Cases; Follicles, IIDs
- Commercial or Professional License
- Turning the Tide with Treatment
- Using Technology To Manage a Practice