How We Are Different:
- Board Certification as a DUI Specialist by the National College for DUI Defense.
- Faculty member at the National College for DUI Defense, taught at the Harvard Law School, Cambridge MA.
- Recommended by some of the leading DUI Specialists in the country.
- Formal NHTSA Certification as an Instructor of DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing given by police in DUI cases.
- Formal training as a NHTSA Drug Recognition Evaluator. ("Drug Evaluation & Classification")
- Formal training to operate the Intoxilyzer 8000, Florida's official breath test instrument.
- Extensive experience in teaching other attorneys how to handle DUI cases.
- Hundreds of jury trials both as defense lawyer and as prosecutor.
- Florida's State Delegate to the National College for DUI Defense.
Who is the best DUI lawyer in St. Pete, Sarasota, Bradenton or Key West?
There is no way to objectively measure who is the best. A lot depends on the chemistry between you and the lawyer you select. However, Tom Hudson is widely respected for his training and knowledge of the field, as well as his decades of trial experience.
The American Bar Association has accredited the National College for DUI Defense to administer board certification in DUI Defense on a national basis. The State of Florida does not yet recognize DUI Defense as a separate speciality, and so Tom is not certified as a specialist by the Florida, but is recognized as a specialist by the NCDD and the ABA.
Tom passed the National Board Certification Examination (written and oral) in Honolulu in 2008, and was recertified in 2013. He was one of the first 50 lawyers granted national board certification in DUI Defense, and is nationally recognized as an authority in DUI law. We have been proudly serving the citizens of Sarasota, Bradenton, St. Petersburg and Key West, Florida since 1996. In 2014, Tom was named to the Faculty of the National College for DUI Defense, held at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, MA.
All About DUI School After Your Drunk Driving Arrest.
Find out here!
The "3/2 Rule"
Two Simple Steps to Blowing Lower on the Breath Test Machine
Copyright 2002-2014 The Law Office of Thomas S. Hudson, P.A. All rights reserved.